The company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, under the ticker symbol BEER, which he thinks is both hilarious and awesome. The company is preparing its brewing and winemaking operations to become a leader in cannabis infused beverages to be available in late 2019 or whenever the government decides to allow them. Terry is also the co-founder of the Cannabis Beverage Producers Alliance, a national organization representing the unique interests of beverage producers for lobbying and public education.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Cannabis beverages potential to replace alcoholic beverages.
- The demographic most impacted by cannabis legalization.
- The future of CSR packaging for cannabis businesses.
- Environmentally sustainable practices for cannabis companies.
- Canadian associations advocating for CSR in the cannabis industry.
Some questions answered:
- What is corporate responsibility and how are other cannabis companies practicing it?
- How important is corporate social responsibility to consumers of cannabis products and how should cannabis businesses translate this?
- How can new companies with small budgets incorporate corporate social responsibility into their brand identity?
- How can cannabis companies implement environmentally sustainable practices?
- Are there currently any associations advocating for corporate social responsibility in the cannabis industry?
Terry is the Chairman & CEO of Hill Street Beverage Co., focused on the production of world-class, award-winning cannabis-infused and alcohol-free wine and beer. Their products have won awards around the world, including three Golds at the US Open Beer championships, a Double Gold at the San Francisco International Wine Challenge, and the Retail Council of Canada’s Grand Prix Award.
Connor comes from a diverse background, having worked alongside some of the biggest names in the technology industry while also holding multiple leadership roles in the startup space. From developing integrated eCommerce solutions with Google to being the Chief Marketing Officer and Lead UX Designer of a mobile social network, Connor has developed practical knowledge in truly understanding the brand experience from both large and small vantage points. Through Ethical Image, Connor has applied all of these skills to help their clients gain a unique, consistent and authentic brand voice that communicates directly with their target markets. And yes, he's aware his shirt is covered in parrots.
Niel was a top-performing fund manager at a prominent US firm, where he managed a portfolio of over $1 Billion across several industries. He also served as Vice President for a TSX listed natural resource focused company. Subsequently, Niel worked as an investment banker, and has been involved in financings and M&A transactions exceeding $1 Billion. Niel is a graduate of McGill University’s commerce program.